Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Immigration and opinions

Check out this website.

Everyone has an opinion on this subject. It affects everyone, in one way or another.

I have a very good friend, now an American Citizen, who worked very hard to EARN her citizenship. I am proud to call her my friend and an American. My friend, from Armenia, has denounced the country she was born in and earned the right to call America home. She used legal channels and took the time and energy to become an American Citizen.

I can trace my history all the way back to 1659 in New Jersey (before we decided down with the monarchy), with both Native American and European ancestry. My girl is just as American as I am - and just as loyal.

It hurts to see these people in my country illegally (as in criminal act) demanding the same rights that my girl EARNED - demanding that we take care of their kids in their native language. For those not familiar, Armenia is NOT an English speaking country. My girl learned English for her and her son (who came with her) so that she may assimilate and succeed in our culture. She knew that being able to communicate only in her native language would be a hinderance and would have prevented her moving forward.

I welcome anyone who wants to come here to suceed - legally. I don't go to your country and break laws, please show me and my country the same respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home